- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 lb ground turkey
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 3 oz basil pesto sauce
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl combine ground turkey, bread crumbs, Italian seasoning, eggs, and Parmesan cheese.
- Place half the meatloaf mixture and, using your hands, press it into a 9 x 9 square, creating a ‘boat’ in the center. Spread the pesto in an even layer and sprinkle with 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese. Carefully place other half of the meat mixture on top of pesto and cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 mins at 375 degrees. Remove from the oven. Remove foil and drain excess oil. Top with the marinara sauce and other half cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Place back in oven and broil on low for a few minutes until cheese is melted and a nice crust is formed.