- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced 1/8″ thick (I got 12 slices)
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano Reggiano
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup tomato sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Mix ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, basil, salt, pepper, garlic powder and egg in a bowl and set aside.
- Slice zucchini with a mandolin slicer.
- Lay zucchini slices on a paper towel and sprinkle with salt to draw out moisture.
- Wait about 10 minutes and blot slices dry.
- Heat pan to medium high and spray with nonstick spray.
- Cook slices a couple minutes each side to make slices pliable.
- Assembling the Zucchini Lasagna Rolls
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray an 8 x 8 casserole dish or similar size with cooking spray.
- Spread a 1/2 cup of the marinara sauce evenly over the bottom of the dish.
- Blot any excess liquid off of the cooled planks of zucchini with paper towels.
- Spoon ricotta filling onto one side of each zucchini and spread it into an even layer.
- Roll up slices and place them in casserole dish, seam side down.
- Spoon the other 1/2 cup tomato sauce on top of rolls.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until cheese is melty.