1 lb lean ground chicken
1/4 yellow onion, diced
1 large egg
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
6 fresh basil leaves, torn into bits
1 clove garlic, diced
salt and pepper to taste
1 jar tomato sauce, I used Old World Style Ragu Traditional
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Mix all of the above meatball ingredients and form your meatballs.
- Spray 9 x 13 casserole dish with non-stick spray.
- Bake meatballs at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Take meatballs out of oven and lower oven temperature to 375.
- Cover meatballs with tomato sauce and dress the top up with lots of mozzarella! It should be covered with cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 mins.
- Remove foil and bake an additional 20 mins or until meatballs are cooked through and cheese is browning.