Perfect meatless weeknight dish, packed with nutrition and super tasty!
- 1 can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 head broccoli, separated into bit size pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1 can coconut milk (I used regular, but lite works great)
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste (or more if you like heat)
- 1 heaping tablespoon natural peanut butter
- ½ tablespoon cornstarch dissolved in 2 tablespoons cold water
In a medium size pan over medium-high heat add peanut peanut oil and saute the broccoli, garlic and ginger. After a few minutes, add the coconut milk and let simmer for 5-8 minutes. The broccoli should soften but still be tender-crisp. Add the beans and curry paste to the pan and stir it until it combines with the coconut milk. Bring to a slight boil and add the cornstarch. Boil for about a minute, then reduce heat and let cool slightly (about another 2 to three minutes). Sauce will thicken as the mixture cools.