- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 12 oz beef Polska Kiebasa Sausage, sliced into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 1 cup chopped carrots (about 2)
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 cup chopped celery (2 stalks)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp dried rosemary, crushed or a handful of fresh rosemary
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 cups organic baby spinach
- 1 can Garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- Grated parmesan cheese, for serving
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add sausage and cook until slightly browned, tossing occasionally, about 5 minutes. Remove sausage, while leaving oil in pan, and drain sausage on a plate lined with paper towels and set aside.
- Return pot with oil to medium heat, add carrots, onion, and celery and cook for 3 minutes, add garlic and cook for one more minute.
- Pour chicken broth, water, and rosemary in slow cooker. Add sausage, sauted vegetable mix and beans. Cook on high for 3 hours or on low for 5 hours. Add spinach 15 minutes before serving and mix well. Serve warm, top each serving with parmesan cheese.