My low carb version of an Irish classic!
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle of beer (I used a pale ale)
- 1.5 pounds corned beef
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1/2 white onion, peeled and diced
- 1 pound bag shredded cabbage
- 1 bay leaf
- generous pinch of salt and freshly-ground black pepper
Add all ingredients to a large slow cooker bowl, and toss to combine. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours, or until the beef is tender.
Transfer the beef from the stew to a separate plate, and cut it into bite-sized pieces (try cutting away as much fat as possible). Return the beef to the stew, and stir to combine. Taste and season with additional salt and pepper if need be, then remove the bay leaf.