- 2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cups milk
- 1½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 1 C mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375. Lightly spray a 2 qt baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together milk, garlic powder, thyme, salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Place a layer of sweet potato in the bottom of the dish. Pour ¼ cup of milk over the top. Repeat with remaining sweet potatoes and milk mixture, ending with the milk mixture. The number of layers will vary depending on the shape of your dish.
- Cover with foil and cook for 30 minutes. Remove foil and cook for an additional 35 minutes or until potatoes are fork-tender and just starting to turn golden brown.
- Top with shredded cheese and broil on low 2-3 minutes or until cheese browns and mixture is bubbling.
- Let dish cool for a few minutes before serving.