- 1 package whole Grain Penne pasta
- 1 medium size sweet potato
- 1 cup milk (skim or 1%)
- 2 oz (about 4 Tbsp) cream cheese
- 1 cup freshly grated sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup good-quality brie cheese, rind removed, cut into cubes
- tiny pinch of ground nutmeg
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Cut sweet potato into cubes and boil over medium high heat until soft. Strain and put it in a large bowl. Add milk, cheeses, salt and pepper. Use hand blender to mix everything together. If consistency is too thick, add some water to desired consistency.
Cook pasta according to directions. Strain well then mix pasta into sauce. Serve with fresh basil and fresh ground nutmeg.