- 1/2 cup panko crumbs
- 1-1/4 lbs 93% lean ground turkey
- 1 large egg
- 3 tbsp ginger paste
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
Preheat oven to 450. In a large bowl combine ground turkey, panko, egg, salt, scallions, ginger, cilantro, soy sauce and sesame oil. Mix until well combined. Shape meatballs using ¼ cup for each ball. Transfer to baking sheet and bake until cooked through, about 15 to 18 minutes.
For the Sauce:
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- 1/2 cup + 3 tablespoons water, divided
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons ginger paste
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- In a small saucepan combine the soy sauce, honey, 1/2 cup of the water, sesame oil, and ginger. Heat over a medium-low flame and stir constantly until the honey is dissolved; about 3 minutes.
- In a small dish combine the cornstarch with the remaining 3 tablespoons of water, then pour it into the glaze, stir well to combine.
- Increase the heat to medium high. Cook the sauce, stirring constantly, just until thickened, about 2 minutes. Once it’s thickened remove from heat and stir in sesame seeds.
For the Slaw:
Take one bag of broccoli slaw and empty into a bowl. Add ½ cup mayonaisse, 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar, 1 tbsp ginger paste, 1 tbsp half and half, 5 packets of artificial sweetener and a pinch of pepper. Mix well and serve.