Cilantro Lime Quinoa
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- juice of 1 lime
- 2-3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
For The Chicken
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 envelope (3 tablespoons) taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 can of corn
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) cans Ro-Tel Diced Tomatoes and Green Chiles, drained
- Add the quinoa, water, salt, lime juice, and cilantro to a medium pot. Stir well. Bring to a boil, then cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer for about 15 minutes. Set aside and keep covered.
- Meanwhile, add olive oil in a large skillet on medium high heat. Add ground chicken and half the taco seasoning in a skillet and cook until browned.
- In the same skillet, add the onions and remaining taco seasoning. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes. Decrease heat to low, add garlic, and stir until combined and fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the drained black beans, corn, quinoa and tomatoes. Stir all to combine. Garnish with extra chopped cilantro. Serve and enjoy!! 🙂