- 1½ lb ground beef
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- salt to taste
- Sauce of your choice (approx 1 24-oz jar)
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese
- Mix all of the above meatball ingredients and form your meatballs-not too large. I made about 24.
- Grease a baking sheet (one that has sides) and bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Lower oven to 375.
- Pour some sauce in the bottom of an 8 x 8 dish.
- Lay meatballs on top of the sauce. Cover with more sauce and dress the top with mozzarella. It should be generously covered with cheese!
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake an additional 15 minutes.
- Turn broiler on low and continue to cook another 2-3 minutes so cheese can turn golden brown.