- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 package of taco seasoning
- 1 lb sweet mini sweet peppers
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- On a baking sheet, place your pepper halves upright, and drizzle with olive oil. Bake them for 10 minutes, or until peppers are blistering and become translucent around the edges. Set aside and look cool.
- While the peppers are baking… in a skillet saute your onions in a tablespoon of olive oil on a medium heat until soft. Add the ground beef and cook with the onions all the way through. Drain all of the grease. Add 1/2 cup of water and the taco seasoning, mix well. Next add your black beans and corn, and cook until heated through. Then add cream cheese and gently stir until well blended.
- Take your cooled peppers and place in a baking dish that sprayed with cooking spray. Add the beef mixture to the peppers.
- Return the peppers to the oven for about 20 minutes.