- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced green chiles
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 (15-ounce) can corn kernels, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Romaine lettuce leaves
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream, optional
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add ground turkey and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the turkey as it cooks; drain excess fat.
- Stir in salsa, green chiles and taco seasoning until heated through, about 2-3 minutes. Stir in corn, beans and cilantro until well combined; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- To serve, spoon several tablespoons of the turkey mixture into the center of a lettuce leaf, taco-style, garnished with cheese and sour cream, if desired.