|1 lb italian sausage|
|1/2-1 tsp red pepper flakes; (or to your liking)|
|one head cauliflower, chopped into bite size pieces|
|1/2 cup onion|
|4 slices bacon; chopped|
|3 garlic cloves; minced|
|3 cups kale, chopped|
|2 boxes (32 oz ea) chicken broth|
|1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream|
|liberal sprinkling of white pepper|
1. Saute Italian sausage and crushed red pepper in pot. Drain excess fat, set aside.
2. In the same pan, sautee bacon. When about half way cooked add the onions and garlic. Sautee for approximately 15 mins. or until the onions are soft.
3. Add the chicken stock and water. Bring to a boil.
4. Add cauliflower and cook until soft, about 15 minutes.
5. Add heavy cream and the cooked sausage and cook until heated through. Add white pepper to taste
6. Add kale just before serving.